Sympathy is basically feelings of sorrow and pity which are usually generated due to someone else’s misfortune. It is basically an understanding between two people and a common feeling for their sorrow. It is the understanding, perception, and a reaction to the need or distress of another human being.
The empathic concern which is sympathy is actually driven by the switch in viewpoint, from a perspective which is personal to the one which is of another individual or group which is in need. The two terms empathy and sympathy are used by people often interchangeably, however sympathy is basically a feeling, and empathy basically means the sharing and understanding of an emotional state of a person with another one.
Sympathy however does not mean that the same emotional state is being maintained by another person or group, rather they are only concerned for the well-being of the person who is in distress. Here are some sympathy quotes by great thinkers and famous people of the feeling about sympathy.
– – ” Are you looking for sympathy? You’ll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis. “ – Thomas Harris
– – ” Poetry is partly sympathy, don’t you think? If it’s any good, it gets people to think about others’ points of view. “ – Edwin Morgan
– – ” Most people are on the world, not in it – have no conscious sympathy or relationship to anything about them – undiffused, separate, and rigidly alone like marbles of polished stone, touching but separate. “ – John Muir
– – ” And whoever walks a furlong without sympathy walks to his own funeral drest in his shroud. “ – Walt Whitman
– – ” I have learnt that nothing disqualified you more for obtaining people’s sympathy than by actively canvassing for it. “
– – ” We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey. “ – Kenji Miyazawa
– – ” Whoever you hold in the heart of you is forever and always a part of you. “
– – ” When you are sorrowful look again in your heart and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ” – Khalil Gibran
– – ” It’s man’s sympathy with all creatures that first makes him truly a man. “ – Albert Schweitzer
– – ” Sympathy gives immediate shelter to grief. “
– – ” There is no greater loan than a sympathetic ear. “ – Frank Tyger
– – ” Though we may not understand why sad things happen. May it somehow help to know how much we care. “
– – ” Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something and has lost something.” – H, Jackson Brown, Jr.
– – ” A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again. “ – Maya Angelou
– – ” We begin to remember not just that you died, but that you lived. And that your life gave us memories too beautiful to forget. “ – Author Unknown
– – ” Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation. “
– – ” In the blink of an eye, everything can change. So forgive often and love with all your heart. “
– – Tenderly May time heal your sorrow Gently May friends ease your pain Softly May peace replace heartaches And may warmest memories remain.
– – ” Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us everyday. “
– – ” Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all. “ – Emily Dickenson
– – ” Like crying wold, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help. ” – Criss Jami
– – ” Sympathy does not think. It acts. It acts to remove the ceaseless sufferings of the world. ” – Sri Chinmoy
– – ” No person is every truly alone. Those who live no more, whom we loved, echo still within our thoughts, out words, our hearts. “ – Richard Fife
– – ” Grief is the price we pay for love. “
– – ” Seasons change and songs do fade. Death can never be detached in our fate; Don’t worry we will meet them someday, In heaven where eternal happiness stay. “
– – ” Love is eternal, the aspect may change, but not the essence. “ – Vincent Van Gogh
– – ” There are so few comforting words when we need them most. The passing of the one who first introduced us to the planet and who loved us along its paths is never easy. “
– – ” Tears are how our heart speaks when our lips simply cannot find the words to describe the pain. “
– – ” Sympathy is two hearts tugging at one load. “ – Charles Henry Parkhurst