Easter is a Christian holiday festival which is celebrated on the resurrection of the Jesus Christ. The holiday is actually moveable, which means that it is not celebrated on any calendar date, rather the First Council of Nicaea determined its date as the first Sunday taking place after the full moon which is to be followed by the March equinox. Now, Easter is celebrated in the range of 22nd March and 25th April including these dates.
The customs which are related to Easter vary all over the world, however it mostly include sunrise services, the traditional Paschal greeting, the clipping of the church and the decoration of Easter eggs, which symbolizes an empty tomb. Many additional customs have also become associated with Easter most of which are not related to the original festival, but are readily celebrated by people all across the world. These traditions include the Easter Bunny, egg hunting, and the Easter parades which are held mostly in New York.
The event of Easter is wildly celebrated among the Christian community in the world and many quotes have also been said about this joyous occasion. The Pope John Paul II said that people should not abandon themselves to despair as they are “The Easter people with hallelujah as our song.” Reba McEntire remembers Easter as an event which gives second chances in life.
Basil Hume assumes that the greatest gift which Easter provides is hope which makes the people have the confidence in God, in his love and goodness and in his ultimate triumph, which nothing can shake. Janine di Giovanni refers to the festival of Easter to be a symbol of renewal, hope, and new life. For more Easter quotes, have a look at our collection.
– – ” Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there. “
– – ” On Easter day the veil between time and eternity things to gossamer. “ – Douglas Horton
– – ” He is not here: for he is risen. “ – Bible
– – ” Easter so longed for is gone in a day. “ – James Howell
– – ” Easter tells us that life is to be interpreted not simply in terms of things but in terms of ideals. “ – Charles M. Crowe
– – ” And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he wake taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. “
– – ” Easter spells out beauty, the rate beauty of new life. “ – S.D.Gordon
– – ” The bible tells us that Jesus Christ came to do three things. He came to have my past forgiven, you get a purpose for living and a home in heaven. “ – Rick Warren
– – ” So is Easter the festival of eggs or of bunnies bro? I still can’t understand how the eggs and the bunnies are related? “
– – ” In the bonds of death He lay who for our offence was slain; But the Lord is risen to-day, Christ hath brought us life again, Wherefore let us all rejoice, singing loud, with cheerful voice, Hallelujah! “ – Martin Luther – ” Christ the Lord is risen to-day, Sons of men and angels say. Raise your joys and triumphs high; Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply. “ – Charles Wesley
– – ” For I remember it is Easter morn, And life and love and peace are all new born. “ – Alice Freeman Palmer
– – ” Easter was when hope in person surprised the whole world by coming forward from the future into the present. “ – N.T.Wright
– – ” Believing in the Easter bunny is like saying you believe in an over sized, purple bunny, pooping colorful eggs on your lawn. “
– – ” The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise. “ – Carl Knudsen
– – ” Easter is the only time of the year when it is safe to put all your eggs in one basket. “
– – ” Where man sees but withered leaves, God sees sweet flowers growing. “ – Albert Laighton
– – ” Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life. “ – S.D.Gordon
– – ” Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless. “ – Charles M. Crowe
– – ” Joyful tidings, joyful tidings, Yes, the Lord has ris’n today. “ – Thomas Kelly
– – ” But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. “
– – ” Too many women think Easter Sunday is decoration day. “
– – ” May all the choicest blessings of the world be showered upon you and fill your life with delight. “
– – ” Tells us that life is to be interpreted not simply in terms of things but in terms of ideals. “ – Charles M. Orowe
– – ” Run when you can, Walk when you have to, Crawl if you must, Just never give up. “ – Dean Karzes
– – ” Twas Easter- Sunday, The full-blossomed trees filled all the air with fragrance and with joy. “ – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow