Earth Day is an event which is celebrated annually on April 22, on which several events are held all over the world in order to demonstrate support and steps taken for environmental protection. The Earth day was first celebrated in the year 1970, and now this day is coordinated all over the world by the Earth Day Network, allowing more than 192 countries to celebrate Earth Day each year.
At the time, many things were being done which were destroying the atmosphere of Earth. Americans were engaged in the war with Vietnam which was extremely harmful for people all over the world. Several cars were slurping leaded gas which was destroying the air. Industries were belching out smoke with little fear of bad press of legal actions, so a day was needed in order to fix these issues.
In the year 1969, a UNESCO Conference was held in San Francisco, which invited peace activist John McConnell too. He proposed a day to be celebrated in order to honor the Earth and peace on it, to be held on March 21, 1970, which is actually the first day of the spring season in the north. A month later after his proposal, the Earth Day was founded by the senator of United States, and to be held on April 22, 1970 which is the fixed date to this day. Although the day was celebrated in United States only, later the original national coordinator took this peace movement internationally in the year 1990 and then organized several events in 141 countries.
Many countries dedicate their resources to do something big on this day to save the mother Earth. Many communities celebrate do not hold the Earth Day rather the Earth Week, in which for the period of an entire week, they do some activities which are focused on several environmental issues. We have compiled some bestearth day quotes for you to celebrate this day.
– – ” Live each season as it passes; Breath the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of each. “ – Henry David Thoreau
– – ” Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. “ – Albert Einstein
– – ” We do not inherit earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. “ – Native American Proverb
– – ” Do your little bit of good wherever you are, it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. “
– – ” Those who contemplate the beauty of the Earth find reserves of strength that will endue as long as life lasts. “ – Rachel Carson
– – ” There is hope if people will begin to awaken spiritual part of themselves, that heartfelt knowledge that we caretakers of this planet. “ – Brooke Medicine Eagle
– – ” Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money. “ – Cree Indian
– – ” The earth is what we all have in common. “ – Wendell Berry
– – ” Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need but not every man’s greed. “ – Mahatma Gandhi
– – ” May your Earth day be better than Earth’s. “
– – ” We do not inherit the earth from out ancestors, we borrow it from our children. “ – Native American Proverb
– – ” Good planets are hard to find. Don’t blow it. “
– – ” Go forth under the open sky, and listen to nature’s teachings. “ – William C. Bryant
– – Green Tree
– – ” Earth laughs in flowers. “ – Ralph Waldo Emerson
– – ” When I look at our planet. I don’t see any borders. So I see you as a citizen of Earth just like me, this is who we truly are. “
– – ” I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what It has to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. “ – Henry David Thoreau
– – ” Today I have grown taller from walking with the trees. “ – Karle Wilson Baker
– – ” The next 10 years may be more important than the last 10,000 in determining the fate of our oceans. “ – Sylvia Earle
– – ” It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do little. Do what you can. “ – Sydney Smith
– – ” Life is an echo, what you send out comes back. “
– – “If we do not permit the Earth to produce beauty and joy, it will in the end not produce food, either.” – Joseph Wood Krutch
– – ” Let us give nature a chance; she knows her business better than we do. “ – Michel Eyquem de Montaigne
– – ” Every moment and every event of every man’s life on Earth plants something in his soul. “ – Thomas Merton
– – ” The proper use of science is not to conquer nature but to live in it. “ – Barry Commoner
– – ” After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say ‘ I want to see the manager ‘. ” – William S. Burroughs
– – ” Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. “ – John Muir
– – ” When the well’s dry, we know the worth of water. “ – Benjamin Franklin