Inspirational Basketball quotes are for all those people who take interest in the sport of basketball. These include both funny and inspirational quotes. If you have been playing basketball or you aspire to play in the near future, these quotes are going to be quite a good read for you.
Basket is a sport which is played 2 teams, consisting of 5 players each. There is a rectangular court and the objective is to through the ball into a hoop which is mounted on a big board, located at around 10 feet above ground. The diameter of the hoop is around 18 inches. Basketball is one of the most popular sports and has great views. The National Basketball Association is the most renowned with numerous professional basketball players.
Any of the teams score a field goal when they shoot a ball through the hoop while the game is on. A field goal is counted thrice as much when the player shoots from behind the measured three point line and two points when the shot is from the front line. There are also free throws given when the opposite team has been assessed to play foul.
The best basketball quotes have been jotted down for you to make a difference in your mindset, about this particular game. These have been written by famous players who have wanted to share their experiences through these quotes.
Just like any other game there are equal chances of winning and losing, and a lot of it is determined with hard work and luck. The quotes would help you to stay focused towards your play if you’ve been playing it, and if you want to get into the league, this’ll surely motivate your actions more. Read through some of the best basketball quotes and once they’ve inspired you, share them with your team mates too.
– – ” Everything you practice, whether it be on the court or in the gym, it’s all helping you take the next step to success. ” – Adrianna Proulx
– – ” What is love? Love is playing every game like it’s your last. “ – Michael Jordan
– – ” Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. “ – Michael Jordan
– – ” Talent is never enough. With few exceptions the best players are the hardest workers. “ – Magic Johnson
– – ” I’ve never been afraid of big moments. I get butterflies, I get nervous and anxious, but I think those are all good signs that I’m ready for the moment. “ – Stephen Curry
– – ” If you ain’t hurtin’, you ain’t playin’ hard enough. “
– – ” All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you’re not good enough or strong enough or talented enough. They will say you’re the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. They will tell you no. A thousand times no. Until all the no’s become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no. Quite firmly and very quickly. And you will tell them yes. – Lebron James
– – ” If you quit once it becomes a habit. Never quit!!! “ – Michael Jordan
– – ” I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the games winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. “ – Michael Jordan
– – ” Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today. “ – Lebron James
– – ” Go hard or Go home : Basic principles to succeed in boardroom and on the court. “ – Bob Foley
– – ” Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. “ – Michael Jordan
– – ” Rebound. Dribble. Shoot. Score. “
– – ” Fans never fall asleep at our games,because they’re afraid they might get hit by a pass. “ – George Raveling
– – ” Even if I fail, why do I still love basketball. “ – John Revo Carlos
– – ” Basketball it’s not just a sport, it’s a lifestyle. “
– – ” Goals determine what you are going to be. “ – Julius Erving
– – ” You can’t win unless you learn how to learn. ” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
– – ” Eat, sleep, plan basketball. “
– – ” I failed over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed. “ – Michael Jordan
– – ” When you work hard, good things happen. “ – Allen Iverson
– – ” Choosing a basketball goal and sticking to it changes everything. “ – Felicity Luckey– – ” I can accept failure everyone fails at something, but what I cannot accept is not trying. “ – Michael Jordan
– – ” It’s not a question of if we make the playoffs, we will. “
– – ” I’m not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat. ” – Michael Jordan
– – ” Train like an athlete, east like a nutritionist, sleep like a baby, win like a champion. “
– – ” Basketball is life, everything else is an interruption. “
– – ” No matter what you say you can have as many receivers as you want, there are enough balls to go around. “ – Kevin Johnson