Quotes are an exclusive way to express what we think and feel about something specific. Quotes are usually interesting when they are led down by someone renowned, but even a very common man with good intellect can lay down witty quotes. Christmas quotes 2016 are a unique way to remind the true meaning of Christmas.
Over the years, following the regular customs and traditions for this auspicious day, we often forget the original cause and reason for which the day is celebrated. On Christmas day, one must not forget to give thanks and remember the birth of Christ. To make the reminiscing more interesting, there are various types of Christmas quotes to uplift the joy of the season.
Sharing is an important part of Christmas. We divide and share a lot of things like delicious food, household chores, last minute shopping, etc. We also love to sing Christmas carols and brew in the festivity all the more. Sharing Christmas quotes could also be a time of fun and enjoyment.
Over the years, there have been numerous quotes laid down by renowned personalities and they are still commonly used by people. Sharing quotes through Christmas cards, messages, e-mailers, etc. are a way to send season’s greetings and also to make people remember the wonderful reason for all the celebration.
Christmas quotes can be of numerous types. Some of the common types you are likely to find would include funny quotes, religious quotes, and inspirations quotes. There sure are plenty of quotes about Christmas written by famous personalities, but there is one more interesting way to use them, rather just copy-paste!
Read the Christmas quotes, and improvise in your own way. This would keep the meaning intact and add your personal touch too. Christmas quotes, which make us remember the joy of Christ’s birth, are certainly the best you can write or share.
– – ” Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values. “ – Thomas S. Monson – ” Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling. “ – Edna Ferber – ” He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. “ – Roy L. Smith – ” Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection. “ – Winston Churchill = ” Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. “ – Norman Vincent Peale
= = ” Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn’t come from a store. “ – Dr. Seuss – ” Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. “ – Calvin Coolidge – ” The spirit of Christmas is the spirit of love and of generosity and of goodness. It illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world’s busy life and become more interested in people than in things. “ – Thomas S. Monson – ” Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us – a time when we can look back on the year that has passed and prepare for the year ahead. “ – David Cameron – ” Christmas is the day that holds all time together. “ – Alexander Smith
– – ” God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it. “ – Pope Francis – ” I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. “ – Charles Dickens – ” Don’t let the past steal your present. This is the message of Christmas: We are never alone. “ – Taylor Caldwell – ” Christmas… is not an external event at all, but a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart. “ – Freya Stark – ” The two most joyous times of the year are Christmas morning and the end of school. ” – Alice Cooper
– – ” One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly. “ – Andy Rooney – ” It’s true, Christmas can feel like a lot of work, particularly for mothers. But when you look back on all the Christmases in your life, you’ll find you’ve created family traditions and lasting memories. Those memories, good and bad, are really what help to keep a family together over the long haul. “ – Caroline Kennedy – ” At Christmas play and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year. “ – Thomas Tusser – ” Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas. “ – Dale Evans – ” Christmas is far and away my favorite holiday. I love everything about it, from the event that inspired it, hoping for a white one, to wrapping presents. But mostly I love having family and friends gathered, and sharing traditions. “ – Ellen Hopkins
– – ” Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving. “ – B. C. Forbes – ” Christmas is joy, religious joy, an inner joy of light and peace. “ – Pope Francis – ” The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. “ – George Carlin – ” A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together. “ – Garrison Keillor – ” Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won’t make it ‘white’. “ – Bing Crosby
– – ” The excellence of a gift lies in its appropriateness rather than in its value. “ – Charles Dudley Warner – ” It is a fine seasoning for joy to think of those we love. “ – Moliere – ” When you give up yourself, that’s when you will feel the true spirit of Christmas. And that’s giving that’s serving others and that’s when you feel fulfilled. “ – Joel Osteen – ” What will you and I give for Christmas this year? Let us in our lives give to our Lord and Savior the gift of gratitude by living His teachings and following in His footsteps. “ – Thomas S. Monson – ” Every year we celebrate the holy season of Advent, O God. Every year we pray those beautiful prayers of longing and waiting, and sing those lovely songs of hope and promise. “ – Karl Rahner
– – ” Christmas and the holidays are the season of giving. It’s a time when people are more kind and open-hearted. “ – Gisele Bundchen – ” As we give presents at Christmas, we need to recognize that sharing our time and ourselves is such an important part of giving. “ – Gordon B. Hinckley – ” Christmas is, of course, the time to be home – in heart as well as body. “ – Garry Moore – ” I love the excitement, the childlike spirit of innocence and just about everything that goes along with Christmas. “ – Hillary Scott – ” The earth has grown old with its burden of care, but at Christmas it always is young, the heart of the jewel burns lustrous and fair, and its soul full of music breaks the air, when the song of angels is sung. “ – Phillips Brooks
– – ” For many, Christmas is also a time for coming together. But for others, service will come first. “ – Queen Elizabeth II – ” A good conscience is a continual Christmas. “ – Benjamin Franklin – ” If you haven’t got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. “ – Bob Hope – ” Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone. “ – Charles M. Schulz – ” Always be prepared if someone asks you what you want for Christmas. Give brand names, the store that sells the merchandise, and, if possible, exact model numbers so they can’t go wrong. Be the type who’s impossible to buy for, so they have to get what you want. “ – John Waters
– – ” Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind. “ – Mary Ellen Chase – ” Christmas is a stocking stuffed with sugary goodness. “ – Mo Rocca – ” There is no better time than now, this very Christmas season, for all of us to rededicate ourselves to the principles taught by Jesus the Christ. It is the time to love the Lord, our God, with all our heart – and our neighbors as ourselves. “ – Thomas S. Monson – ” Christmas is a holiday that persecutes the lonely, the frayed, and the rejected. “ – Jimmy Cannon – ” There’s nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child. “ – Erma Bombeck
– – ” The smell of pine needles, spruce and the smell of a Christmas tree – those to me, are the scents of the holidays. “ – Blake Lively – ” To perceive Christmas through its wrappings becomes more difficult with every year. “ – E. B. White – ” Santa Claus has the right idea – visit people only once a year. “ – Victor Borge – ” Finding the real joy of Christmas comes not in the hurrying and the scurrying to get more done, nor is it found in the purchasing of gifts. We find real joy when we make the Savior the focus of the season. “ – Thomas S. Monson
– – ” Before we took down the tree each year, Dad would always say a prayer that we would be together the next Christmas. I cling to that prayer, which serves as a reminder that it’s important to be grateful in the present for the people you love because, well, you never know. “ – Catherine Hicks – ” I’ve been giving back since I was a teen, handing out turkeys at Thanksgiving and handing out toys at toys drives for Christmas. It’s very important to give back as a youth. It’s as simple as helping an old lady across the street or giving up your seat on the bus for someone who is pregnant. “ – Queen Latifah – ” Christmas is a huge thing in my family. We usually start decorating the day after Thanksgiving. We spend Christmas Eve with one set of grandparents, and Christmas Day with the other grandparents and our family. “ – Samantha Isler – ” I love the atmosphere at the mall – everything about Christmas. I don’t think anything specific gets me in the holiday spirit except for the holidays themselves. “ – Drake Bell – ” As I lay so sick on my bed, from Christmas till March, I was always praying for poor ole master. ‘Pears like I didn’t do nothing but pray for ole master. ‘Oh, Lord, convert ole master;’ ‘Oh, dear Lord, change dat man’s heart, and make him a Christian.’ “ – Harriet Tubman
– – ” Christmas always rustled. It rustled every time, mysteriously, with silver and gold paper, tissue paper and a rich abundance of shiny paper, decorating and hiding everything and giving a feeling of reckless extravagance. “ – Tove Jansson – ” Christmas carols always brought tears to my eyes. I also cry at weddings. I should have cried at a couple of my own.” – Ethel Merman – ” Why not share with the world the way it is and tell them my feelings about my cat, and how I played with my kids, and how addicted to Christmas time I am, and the smell of pine needles and hearing my kids laugh. “ – Steven Tyler – ” A barn with cattle and horses is the place to begin Christmas; after all, that’s where the original event happened, and that same smell was the first air that the Christ Child breathed. “ – Paul Engle
– – ” When I cook for my family on Christmas, I make feijoada, a South American dish of roasted and smoked meats like ham, pork, beef, lamb, and bacon – all served with black beans and rice. It’s festive but different. “ – Maya Angelou – ” Don’t send funny greeting cards on birthdays or at Christmas. Save them for funerals, when their cheery effect is needed. “ – P. J. O’Rourke – ” I don’t know if that’s a year’s bad luck, or if that’s how it works. But stealing a Christmas tree – that can’t be a good thing, karma-wise. “ – Adrian McKinty – ” My mother-in-law has come round to our house at Christmas seven years running. This year we’re having a change. We’re going to let her in. “ – Les Dawson
– – ” We no longer sing and dance. We don’t know how to. Instead, we watch other people sing and dance on the television screen. Christmas, which was once a festival of active enjoyment, has turned into a binge of purely passive pleasures. “ – Tom Hodgkinson – ” You can’t allow the forces of political correction to shut you up. I mean, why are people afraid to say, ‘Merry Christmas?’ Give me a break. If people don’t like it, yeah, they can go do something else. “ – Ben Carson – ” I hate to say it, but Christmas as a kid was always a moneymaking venture for me. I played trumpet, and a friend of mine who played trombone and a guy who played tuba, every Christmas we’d go out for three or four days beforehand and play Christmas carols on our horns. “ – John Tesh – ” There’s something about a Christmas sweater that will always make me laugh. “ – Kristen Wiig
– – ” For me growing up, Christmas time was always the most fantastic, exciting time of year, and you’d stay up until three in the morning. You’d hear the parents wrapping in the other room but you knew that also, maybe, they were in collusion with Santa Claus. “ – Chris Pine – ” Fragrance is a very personal gift, and I think that’s why it makes a great Christmas gift. There’s a very distinct signature to it, so if you give it as a gift, I like to think that it’s from a person that thinks very highly of you. “ – Ryan Reynolds – ” During the holiday season, Christmas specifically, it can be hard to be away from family and friends. “ – Monica Johnson – ” Christmas renews our youth by stirring our wonder. The capacity for wonder has been called our most pregnant human faculty, for in it are born our art, our science, our religion. “ – Ralph W. Sockman
– – ” Next to a circus there ain’t nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit. “ – Kin Hubbard – ” I was lucky enough to grow up in a home where I woke up Christmas morning and had toys. I know that’s not the case with all people and I don’t think kids should go without experiencing that sort of joy. “ – Lucy Hale – ” Our many different cultures notwithstanding, there’s something about the holidays that makes the planet communal. Even nations that do not celebrate Christmas can’t help but be caught up in the collective spirit of their neighbors, as twinkling lights dot the landscape and carols fill the air. It’s an inspiring time of the year. “ – Marlo Thomas
– – ” The thing about Christmas is that it almost doesn’t matter what mood you’re in or what kind of a year you’ve had – it’s a fresh start. “ – Kelly Clarkson – ” I love Christmas, not just because of the presents but because of all the decorations and lights and the warmth of the season. “ – Ashley Tisdale – ” Some people are born for Halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas. “ – Stephen Graham Jones – ” Christmas is a bridge. We need bridges as the river of time flows past. Today’s Christmas should mean creating happy hours for tomorrow and reliving those of yesterday. “ – Gladys Taber
– – ” Christmas is a time when kids tell Santa what they want and adults pay for it. Deficits are when adults tell the government what they want – and their kids pay for it. “ – Richard Lamm – ” I didn’t know the full dimensions of forever, but I knew it was longer than waiting for Christmas to come. “ – Richard Brautigan – ” There’s a little Christmas in all of us, I guess. Even in me. “ – Leon Redbone – ” From a commercial point of view, if Christmas did not exist it would be necessary to invent it. “ – Katharine Whitehorn
– – ” I really like the European carols, and I like that captivating sound that they have that isn’t usually in Christmas songs. ” – David Archuleta – ” I think we’ve taken the meaning of Christmas out. People don’t stop and think about Jesus or the birth of Jesus. When they think of Christmas, they think of Santa Claus and – for the children, and they think of giving gifts and out-giving the next person of spending their time looking for the right thing for somebody who has everything. “ – Billy Graham
– – ” Godot is whatever it is in life that you are waiting for: ‘I’m waiting to win the lottery. I’m waiting to fall in love’. For me, as a child, it was Christmas. At least that eventually came. “ – Ian Mckellen – ” Christmas for me is all about spending time with my family. I cherish any chance we have to spend all day together making gingerbread houses, baking cookies, or sitting around and watching movies. “ – Blake Lively
– – ” When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs? “ – Gilbert K. Chesterton – ” On Christmas morning, before we could open our Christmas presents, we would go to this stranger’s home and bring them presents. I remember helping clean the house up and putting up a tree. My father believed that you have a responsibility to look after everyone else. “ – George Clooney
– – ” Before Christmas, I host a party for our kids and all their friends. We love to make a mess while decorating gingerbread houses. “ – Kourtney Kardashian – ” The way my family always did Christmas was on Christmas Eve, it wasn’t really centered around a dinner on Christmas Eve. It was more about keeping the kids calm. Sometime after dark is when we were going to open all the presents underneath the tree from Mom, Dad and the kids and everything – just the family presents was every Christmas Eve. “ – Blake Shelton
– – ” My parents got me a sewing machine for Christmas during my senior year of high school. I made three pieces of clothing and had a fashion show at the end of the year, where we had to wear the clothes that we made. I took it to a whole new level; I made all my friends clothes. “ – Kourtney Kardashian – ” Christmas in L.A. is weird. There’s no snow. It’s not even cold. “ – Ellie Goulding
– – ” We should celebrate Christmas throughout the year, but I believe the whole concept of giving was the basis of Christmas, that it was a charitable, you know, giving, and I think we got carried away with giving. “ – Victoria Osteen – ” In my experience, those who make the biggest fuss about not spending much at Christmas are generally the ones who buy what they want and eat where they want 12 months a year. “ – Julian Baggini
– – ” Christmas is a rare occasion when we are reminded that we have obligations to people we did not choose to be related to, and that love is not just a spontaneous feeling but something we sometimes really have to work at, with people we may not even much like. – Julian Baggini – ” Making your Christmas cake in September is perfect, as too fresh a cake crumbles when cut. “ – Mary Berry